The training you need to maintain your California BSIS Guard Card.
To keep your Guard Card current:
- Complete this course,
- Keep a printed copy of your training certificate
- Provide a copy to your employer.
- The CA Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (B.S.I.S.) requires all Security Guards to be licensed in the State of California and complete 8 hours of renewal training each year.
Security Guard Training Requirements (California)
The following CA State security guard training requirements are taken from the CA State BSIS website: CA State Security Guard Facts Sheet (BSIS Website Reference).
- The power to arrest training must be completed before issuing a Security Guard Registration (BPC Sections 7583.6 and 7583.8).
- The thirty-two (32) hours of training in security officer skills must be completed within the first six (6) months of licensure.
- Eight (8) hours of continuing training must be completed annually (BPC 7583.6 and CCR 643).
- The training may be administered by the guard's employing private patrol operator or a Bureau-certified course provider.
This Continuing Education (CE) Course requires you to Have a Non-Expired Guard Card.
BSIS Advises: All registered security guards should maintain their own documented proof of completion of their training. Employers must maintain records for a minimum of two years; however, registrants may need to provide subsequent employers or BSIS training records. As a result, BSIS recommends that registrants maintain copies of all of their own training records.
** This course is provided by www.defencifytraining.com G&L Security Training does not own any of the online training materials. When clicking the link below, you will be directed to the Defencify Training website to pay for and complete your training. Any questions about the online training should be directed to Defencify Training customer service.**